Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Work is Un-COOL!


It's official!! Work is un-cool! There I said it. Most of you are probably wondering why it took me so long to say something so simple. However, I had to study work and why we do it to realize work; like root canals, shopping at Wal-Mart on Saturdays or pulling a splinter out, is a necessary evil. We must work in order to keep ourselves, the lowly plebians of the world, sustained with the three basic needs. (Food, Clothing & Shelter). This is because life is not like "Fraggle Rock!" I think Jim Henson was on to something when he showed us, in the early eighties, how to "Dance Our Cares Away, Down at Fraggle Rock." Apparently in Fraggle Rock, all we need to worry about are the words to the next song while we don't work and steal food from those that have everything all the while staying warm and cozy down in our hole in the ground. I wish the next time my boss says do this or that I could just look him right in the eyes and start dancing & running away from the responsibility all while I was laughing (HA HA HA HA!!!!) and singing the theme song to "Fraggle Rock." Life would be a lot more fun if we didn't have to have money to get the things we needed and work was just helping people out when they needed it. But then again this ain't Fraggle Rock.

No comments: