Sunday, September 13, 2009

Legal Crack

My girlfriend makes fun of me about this but I don't care. Yes! I'm a 32 year old man and I love Lucky Charms. This is General Mills' attempt at legal crack but here's the wrinkle in my little story. I think this cereal is better now then when you were a kid. When you were a kid you went straight for the Cap'n Crunch, Count Chocula, or dear god every parents nightmare Fruity Pebbles. But the Lucky Charms just didn't seem to make the cut. Well that's all over with apparently after your 25th birthday because now I freebase them like some crack addict in a back alley. Even more strange is, on the box, how the fun loving character "Lucky" teases you with some marshmallow infused Timothy Leary acid trip. He beckons you to "grab" his lucky charms and has added so many different marshmallows over the years that to resist is impossible. So you're basically left in a legal marshmallow induced sugar coma. What's so "Magically Delicious" about that?

No comments: